Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Shame

Alright....I'm going to tell you something REALLY embarrassing....don't laugh. I cannot make ANYTHING from a pattern. REALLY!!!! I bought a pattern for pj's for the boys and I bought a whole bunch of flannel. I wanted to get a head start on winter and whip some of these baby's up. Yeah right....I cannot figure heads or tails out of the pattern, I have never made anything from a pattern so I don't even know where to start. Everyone assumes since I sew bags I can make anything, not true. I will probably be able to make the pj's....just not with the pattern. I will have to do what I do best (and what gives my boys a wonderful vocabulary) and wing it! Sooo anyone want a free pattern for boys pj's....lol!

4 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes they make it harder than it needs to be. If they turn anything out like your bags, they will be spectacular!

I'm totally impressed you have no patterns for your bags. They are all the more impressive!

Anonymous said...

LOL Christina, my shame is that I can't make anything UNLESS I HAVE A PATTERN! I am totally impressed with your bags that you share you have made. They look very professional. I would of never thought by looking at them that you didn't use a pattern. You should consider yourself an excellent seamstress/sewer or whatever they call it. Folks who can sew anything without a pattern are very talented. So hold your head up sista! don't hang it in shame.

P.S. I gave ya a thank you and a shout out at my blog. Take a peek.
Hugs!
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I have just started using patterns for the first time in my life and the worst part is pulling them out of the envelope. Talk about overwhelming! And what do you do with them once they are out of the envelope? You can never fold them correctly to get them back in!

I love your bags!

trisha too said...

you are so funny, I can't even believe you!

you are also amazing, that you make those bags with no patterns.