Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Make Your Own Febreeze!!


I absolutely love the smell of febreeze!!! Love, love, love it! But I hate the cost. With my boys (seriously why do boys stink so much?!) I go through it alot. A year ago I found the best recipe ever...it was how to make your own febreeze! I wish I had bookmarked the site...it had the best house tips! I have used this for awhile and I absolutely love it...I will never go back to febreeze!!

All you need is a spray bottle (use an old febreeze bottle if you have one) baking soda and fabric softner. You can pick any softner you like. I love Suavitel its cheap and the vanilla/lavender scent is divine! Let your nose be your guide..lol!
To make your own febreeze (this will make a 16oz bottle)

1 Tablespoon baking soda
1/8 cup Fabric Softner

Add this to your bottle and then fill with warm water to the top. Thats it!!! Shake and spray!!!!

So, so easy isn't it? I find that the scent from this lasts a lot longer than normal febreeze and my house smells so good...even with the boys ;)


♥ Christina

PS: Let me know if you try it!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I tried this today, and just have to say THANK YOU! Best tip I've found in a looong time. Like you, I live with all boys, all noisy, dirty, messy boys :)

Anonymous said...

I tried this and have white spots on the floors the rug where I sprayed.