Friday, December 11, 2009

New York State of Mind!

As you all know (from an earlier post) I am going on my first ever bus trip to NY this Saturday (can I say again how excited I am) so I decided to make a little messenger bag to take along. I didnt want to lug around my big ole' bag. You know....the mommy one....the one that holds EVERYTHING but the kitchen sink, though some days by how heavy it is I think its in there too! So this is what I came up with....my new messenger bag pattern.


it has a magnetic snap closure flap and its cute, cute, cute
(if I do say so myself)



a nice long handle so it can fit across the chest comfortabley


and my favorite......lots of pockets to hold all the essentials. I put in pockets just for my drivers license (can I say that I hate the fact that blogger no longer has a spell check on here...I just had to google license to see if I spelled it right) and credit cards so I dont even have to carry a wallet and it has two bigger pockets for my cell phone and camera.


so what do ya think?

19 comments:

Lesly said...

What do I think? I ADORE it! And I want it! Please send it to me because I have been a good girl. What, you're NOT Santa? Great finish! Have a great time in New York with your awesome bag!

Diane said...

Love this bag! It will be great for your trip to the city!

Cheryl said...

I agree it is CUTE CUTE CUTE!! Love the fabric you used and lotsa pockets is always a must. So you are going to have lotsa fun and be fashionable too.
Have a great time.

Lara said...

Very nice! I love the style! I'm trying to build up the courage to try make a wee bag for myself. My handbag is a giant black hole. I loose everything in there!

Anne at Film and Thread said...

That is a great bag, esp. for travel. Love the organization.

beth said...

great bag!! love the fabrics you chose!

Sara said...

I think I need one of those! It is quite the bag for traveling...

It will be so easy to have everything right there - and not be a huge purse thing...

Carla said...

That is just too cute!!!

ktquilts said...

Great bag, perfect for those not-the-mama moments!! Love that Frsh cut!!!
Blessings,
KT

SueWis said...

This is adorable. Makes me want to make a new bag! I love how you can customize them the way you like. Love the colors too.

Karen said...

Looks great. It takes me a whie to get used to a new bag. I have just downsized and am still coming to terms with it.

Leslie said...

this looks great...i am inspired to make something like it for myself and my daughter...she would love to be matching.

Catherine said...

This is such a cool bag and just what I need to make myself. Loving that Freshcut!!

Pokey said...

Good job! I love the pockets. They help keep your stuff organized!

Nina... said...

I love it! Great colors and very cute, cute, cute!! Have a great trip. Happy Holidays!

Jennifer said...

That is very cute! Great job!

Kimberly Tripp said...

great job! I love the pink fabric! Have fun in the big apple

Sue said...

G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!

Rene' said...

Wow..this is great. Very sophisticated fabrics...perfect for New York ;-))) Enjoy your trip. Thanks for sharing!