Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tennessee Waltz Quilt

Well for those that are going to do this with me here is what you will need material wise to get started. First off you need to determine if you will be using scraps that you have or if you will be getting material specifically for this. If you are going to be using scraps then all you need is 1/2 yard of material for the block backs. The material for the side strips is something you will want to get last. I never know what I want to do til the majority of the quilt is done. If you are buying material then this is what you'll need:

1/2 yard for block backs

1/4 yard for star points

1/4 yard for star centers

1/4 yard for alternating small squares

I'm going to assume that everyone has a mat and rotary cutter. I will be getting the instructions for the star blocks together this weekend and we will start on the first of February. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do. Scraps or new material?

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Got it, can't wait to start!
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see how it turns out. Wish I could make it along with you-but I can barely sew on a button :(