Thursday, January 8, 2009

Back to Blogger Land

I feel like I have been MIA lately. Not only on blogger but in my brain as well. Ever feel that way? Just way too much to do and you start to forget things. My Grandfather passed away on Dec 30th . It was the end of a long struggle for him and I am soooo glad that he can now be free of pain. We took another 8 hour car ride down to NC over the New Years for his funeral. At least this one was kid free! My Aunt Sherrie did an amazing job with all the planning of his service. He chose to be cremated so we had a celebration of life service. I learned more about this amazing man when I was down there. Like.....he wrote poetry. AMAZING poetry. He was also incredibly romantic...he wrote poems for his lady love. He has some here. His poem "TearDrops" was read at his service. It was just simply beautiful.


Not all was sad, I got to see some of my cousins that I had not seen in years. My cousin Stacy is soooo beautiful, it was so nice to see her. I think the last time I saw her I was 15 or 16. I also got see my cousin Nicki and I finally got to meet her wife. How wonderful they both were, so kind and friendly.


Aaannnddd.......we came home with a puppy. A little Cockapoo. She is sooo cute. Like a little chocolate bear. My boys are over the moon in love with her.
I of course love having another female in the house. If only a puppy. We named her Bella and I had to get the pink bow for her hair. I think she's going to be pretty spoiled....don't you?

4 comments:

Tipper said...

So sorry about your Grandfather. A very cute puppy you got. Puppy should add some spice to all of your lives!

Sue said...

What an adorable puppy, and kiddoe, too! Yea, I'm not a big fan of the digital camera either. I take pictures but don't develop them. Sorry to hear about your grandpa. At least you got to visit before he passed...

Anonymous said...

Sue,
Sorry to hear about your Grandaddy. Glad you were able to attend the funeral and connect with family.
your little kiddo is a cutie. I LOVE my digital camera. Once I read my book and played around with my camera all the little buttons started to make sense. I have a Canon 40D. Not sure what you have. But on mine, there is actually a button that allows you to take pictures like the photographers do at model runway shows. It keeps clicking....lol, you are bound to get a good shot if you do like 50 shots on that constant mode. The pic I posted of my daughter blowing that fuzzy...I had my camera on that mode. I can't tell ya how many pics I took before we actually got it. I know it was over 20. I deleted all but the good one.
Have fun with your camera and keep snapping pics of the little guy. They grow soooo fast. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

UUUGh Christina...lol, I need to start drinking coffee. It's still early yet for me here. I had read Sue's post before I posted and had Sue on the brain LOL.

It's Cheryl. Off to start drinking coffee.