Thursday, November 17, 2011

Nervous Energy...

So a couple of weeks ago I noticed a mole on my face...right smack dab in the middle of my left cheek to be exact...and I noticed that it got big pretty quickly. I went to see my dermatologist and had it removed. On Friday I got the call that it was skin cancer. Squamous Cell Carcinoma...nothing that is going to kill me but something that is worry some none the less. I had a follow up appointment today to remove more skin around the area. For now its all over...nothing left but a very sore cheek and a scar.
BUT...yesterday I made the mistake of googling squamous cell carcinoma...for anyone who has been diagnosed with ANYTHING...please do not ever google it!!! They will show you the absolute worse case scenarios first and just get you all worked up. Trust me on this...after seeing pics of people with holes in their faces I was completely freaked out! So with all my nervous energy I decided to tackle some chores that I have been putting off.

WARNING: For all of you that I have fooled into thinking I am a great housewife who's house is always immaculate-please turn off the computer now!!!! I don't want to ruin that image! ;)
for those of you who really know me...welcome to my mess....

yes...this sad pathetic space is my work space. All I can say in my defense is that I have been VERY busy. Thus this complete mess. Y'all don't even want to know what was growing in my coffee cup

I don't even know what to say...lol...its bad! Just look how I have treated all these beautiful fabrics...the shame!



 see all the little scraps of paper? those are all of my patterns..lol. I know, I know..I'm so embarrassed!
BUT.....Tada... 
 see what nervous energy does for you! I painted the shelf my wonderful hubby built me and trimmed it in some ribbon I had. I organized all my supplies and finally hung up all my ribbon.



I even bedazzled my shelf with some rhinestones I found..lol! LOVE IT!

It now looks so much better and I do have to say it is so nice to have everything in its place. So take that bad nerves...

♥Christina

2 comments:

trisha too said...

Well that was a scare, I'm glad to hear you're fine!

One of my imaginary friends was googling her symptoms, and had it narrowed down to either her gall bladder or typhoid fever . . .

Your work space looks amazing!

:)

Elena said...

Hi! I saw your comment over on AmyLouWho. When you use sew in thermolam, do you find that later the fabric separates from the thermolam and is floppy at all? I use fusible thermolam and am curious to know the final result.