Sunday, June 28, 2009

OMG! Look what I did!

I am so excited. I just redid my room and I LOVE IT!!!!! If you remember this is what my room looked like and this is what I wanted to do to it. I just didn't want to spend a crazy amount of money on it. The bed that I liked was $600 alone. So I just kinda put it aside and dreamed about it. BUT......then I was perusing Craigslist (can I say how much I love that site) and I found a bed for sale. Not just any bed, but a beautiful black 4 poster bed. The best part was the price....you ready for this...$65.00 dollars. That's it! So that started the whole venture for me, and the results are EXACTLY what I wanted. Take a look for yourself ...........



this is the view walking into my room
and tada! The Bed! Oh lordy ain't she a beaut!

Every time I look at this pic I'm in awe. $65.00 dollars for the bed and if you remember the bedspread was only $23.97. So for less than $90.00 dollars this is what I got!


this sign above the bed says "Always kiss me goodnight"

this is my dresser. I love stars if you cant tell already



the curtain star tiebacks I got for $1.00 each.

next is a new TV. Wish I could find a 37" flat screen on Craigslist.


my closet with more of the $1.00 star tiebacks


I bought these lamp shades at Target for $7.00 and hot glued fringe on them. Too cute.

this is the hallway between my room and Eans

and this is the stairway down as you leave our rooms....and that is where the tour ends. I hope you love my room as much as I do.

8 comments:

Arya said...

What a beautiful transformation! I too love craigslist and have been scowering it for a similar bedframe. I haven't found it yet, but soon I hope (fingers crossed).

Tipper said...

Oh I love it!! Stars are my favorite-and the colors you picked just pop!

Laurie said...

Really, you have to love Craigs List! Especially after that bargain! Your room turned out just beautiful!

yui said...

pretty!

Cheryl said...

SCORE!! Don't you love it when a plan comes together and you don't have to spend a crazy amount of money?? I do. You did a great job! Love it. I love stars too. Can't get enough of them. Thanks for sharing.

Sue said...

Wow, what a beautiful room! I love the contrast between the blue and the
black. And what a price...

amylouwhosews said...

I can't believe I forgot to comment on this! I'm sure I probably marked it as unread so I could come back and give it the praise it deserves.

I LOVE IT!!! that damask is gorgeous and everything light blue/turquoise immediately wins over my heart! I'm impressed with the budget you kept too! Do you want to come redo mine?

sandy said...

There you are girl!! too funny! Can't believe the before pics!! you'll have to teach me how to set up a blog!! Love it!!